Easter is coming and to clear up some of the worries about the virus, I created a super easy bunny rock project to make our quarantine time more creative! Children will love participating in this cute egg hunt!
(afilliate links for your convenience)
- Acrylic paint
- Wedge make up sponge (or small round foam brush)
- Mini pompom
- Glue gun
- Bunny stencil
- Bunny sponge
- Triple Thick Glaze
- Craft Twinkles (optional)
- Puffy Paint for details (optional)
|Bunny rocks made by kids using bunny sponges.|
- Paint the rock all white to enhance the colors of the rabbits. Let it dry completely.
- To make the bunny, I created a stencil with my Silhouette machine. If you don't have one, there are three alternatives: buy a rabbit-shaped stencil, use a rabbit-shaped sponge or draw by hand with a pencil and paint with a brush.
- If you are doing the rock with kids, a sponge is the easiest way. If the bunny loses its shape a little when the sponge is used, the trick is to use a black marker. Wait for the paint to dry and trace the shape of a bunny over the paint. Don't worry about perfection, it looks beautiful too. Then add details with puffy paint.
- To paint the ombré colors, read this post HERE. Let it dry.
- With a hot glue gun, glue the mini pompoms to make the fluffy tails.
- If you want to add a little sparkle, paint a layer of Craft Twinkles.
- Use Triple Thick Glaze to finish and protect the rock colors.
Who's ready for an egg hunt with the cutest bunny stones out there ?!
For more ideas:Facebook Word Rocks Project
For more ideas:
Instagram Word Rocks Project
Pinterest Word Rocks Project