These hot August days make me wish that Fall arrives soon!
Autumn is my favorite season of the year.
I love the colors, the smells, the light. Everything is so gorgeous!
Since I received this Ooly Pearlescent watercolor set I was planning to use it on leaves. So here we are.
Supplies (affiliate links for your convenience):
- Leaves – I had these ones at home, sent by a bestie that lives in San Francisco. But the best thing to do is to pick green leaves on the ground and then press them under something heavy for an overnight.
- Acrylic white paint – I used Testor Matte finish but any brand works
- Watercolors – I used OOLY Chroma Blends Watercolor Set but last Fall I painted them with this set here.
- Black pen – fine point Sharpie
- Paint brushes - the watercolor set comes with a small one but I used the purple and the blue from this Ooly rainbow set.
After having them pressed, paint a layer of white acrylic paint. Let it dry. Depending on the quality of the paint, you'll need to paint the second layer. I didn't need to add another one.
The watercolor is my favorite part as you can create so many different ways to paint it rainbow. Play with colors, try combinations, paint ombrés! If you want more brightness, another layer of colors.
This watercolor set is really amazing. The only leaf that I added a second layer of color was the golden one.
To write the words, I used a fine point black Sharpie.
For more ideas, follow my Instagram accounts Word Rocks Project or